Why a Pre-2012 blog?

My "Perspectives of a Wandering Geographer" blog includes stories that were written and posted since 2012.  However, I'd like to post some of the stories, essays, and reports that I wrote prior to that time.  I think it would be too confusing to post "old stuff" with my contemporary writings.  So, this new blog will feature blasts from the past.  

I had thought of publishing stories in chronological order over the course of my life.  I'm not going to do that and will lead off with stories and letters written from southern Africa in 1986-87.  During that time, I travelled extensively (mostly by train) in South Africa with side trips in Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, and Lesotho.  I also had a one-year teaching position in the Environmental Science Department at the University of Botswana. 

Your comments are encouraged!

5 May 1987.  Watching the sunset at Sowa Pan, Botswana in front of Hugh Gordon's Toyota HiAce van.  L to R: Will, Jonathan, and Hugh.  
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, 12 October 1986: Extolling the Ex-Pat Lifestyle

Sunday, 8 June 1986: My English Hosts Take Me to a First-Rate National Park

Sunday, 4 May 1986: Boredom and Self-Pity Aren’t Pretty